- Walk confidently. Be alert.
Notice who passes you and who is behind you.
- Walk in areas with good
lighting. Try not to walk near bushes, alleys, etc.
- Wear clothes and shoes that
give you freedom of movement.
- Do not overburden yourself
with bags or packages that might make running difficult.
- Cary as little of cash as
- Hold your purse tightly, close
to your body. Keep your wallet in a front or buttoned him pocket, or in
a inside coat pocket.
- If a car stops you for
directions or information, always reply from a safe distance. Never get
too close to the car.
- If a driver of a car or person
persists on bothering you, cross the street and walk/run the opposite
- If you feel like someone is
following you, turn around and check.
If you have an unsafe feeling, proceed to the nearest open place of
business or lighted house.
- If you feel that you are in
danger, do not be afraid to scream and run.